Cookbook:Bubur Candil (Sweet Glutinous Rice Balls in Coconut Sauce)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Bubur Candil (Sweet Glutinous Rice Balls in Coconut Sauce)|
Bubur candil are traditional Indonesian glutinous rice balls in a sweet coconut sauce.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Dough[edit | edit source]
Sauce[edit | edit source]
- 750 ml water
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 125 ml diluted gula jawa (palm sugar)
- 1 piece pandan leaf (or some pandan paste)
- ¼ tsp salt
Serving[edit | edit source]
- 300 ml coconut milk, boiled for few minutes
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine rice flour and tapioca flour until well-mixed. Make a well in the middle, then gradually mix in water and salt. Mix well by hand until it forms a soft dough. Make sure that the dough is not to hard; if necessary add a bit more of water.
- Shape the dough into little balls about 1 cm in diameter.
- Boil a lot of water in a big stock pot. Put the little balls one-by-one in the boiling water. Cook for about 5 minutes until they float to the surface of the boiling water. Take them out and drain.
- For the sauce, mix all the sauce ingredients in a saucepan, and heat until bubbly.
- Place the rice balls in the sauce. Cook for further 20 minutes and set aside.
- To serve, pour the coconut milk on top. Serve hot.