Cookbook:Brown Rice with Ground Turkey
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Brown Rice with Ground Turkey|
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (300 Calories, 66 g Carbs, 8 Protein)
- 20 ounces of extra lean ground turkey breast (600 calories, 130 g protein, cholesterol 225 mg)
- 1 12 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies (90 calories, 18 g Carbs, 3 g protein, 3 g dietary fiber)
- 1 ounce vegetable oil (120 calories)
- 1 tablespoon Teriyaki Sauce (10 calories, 2 g carbs, 1 g sugar)
- Seasonings to taste: e.g., garlic powder, lemon pepper, All Spice, etc.
Makes 4 servings.
- Put rice and water in pan or rice cooker to cook, I used the 10-minute variety.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray, sprinkle in garlic powder and other seasonings. Put in turkey and crumble it as it cooks. Add can of tomatoes (a whole can is actually too much for us but it still tasted good.) Mix with turkey till turkey is cooked.
- Rice will be done before ground turkey. Use a wok or deep skillet, add cooking oil add 1-teaspoon All Spice and/or other seasonings. As pan heats slowly add cooked rice (watch for splattering of hot oil). When rice is heated evenly add Teriyaki Sauce and mix it evenly.
- When ground turkey is done cooking add it to rice in wok, mix it thoroughly and serve.
- Total calories of meal 1120 divided by 4 servings = 280 calories
- Total carbs 86 g divided by 4 servings = 21.5 g carbs
- Total sugar 10 g divided by 4 servings = 2.5 g sugars
- Total protein 141 g divided by 4 servings = 35.25 g protein
- Total cholesterol 225 mg divided by 4 serving = 56.25 mg. cholesterol