Jump to navigation Jump to search
A delicious bran muffin recipe that makes an excellent breakfast.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 cup (240 ml) natural wheat bran
- ¾ cup (180 ml) cultured buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup (240 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (120 ml) brown sugar
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Stir wheat bran and buttermilk together in a mixing bowl.
- Cream together egg, brown sugar and margarine in another mixing bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a third bowl. Add to batter, and stir just to moisten.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ full.
- Bake at 400°F (200°C) for 15 to 20 minutes.