Jump to navigation Jump to search
This recipe is used to preserve eggs for a longer period of time in comparison to having raw eggs stored in a refrigerator.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 12 chicken eggs
- 2 cans (32 oz total) beets
- 4 cups white vinegar
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Place eggs in a large pot with enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil.
- Boil uncovered for 12 minutes.
- Drain water.
- Place eggs in ice-cold water. Crack and peel off shells.
- Put eggs in a pot with the remaining ingredients, except for the beets.
- Mix in one can of beet juice, and set the beets aside. Discard any extra juice.
- Simmer 2–3 minutes.
- Add beets, and pour into a large container.
- Refrigerate for one or two weeks before serving.