Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a beef curry which can be made out of ingredients which you might find in your fridge normally, so no need to buy extra ones.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 lb (450 g) minced (ground) beef
- 1 onion
- 1 bell pepper or 1 cup (200 g) frozen mixed bell peppers
- Curry powder to taste
- 1 beef stock cube, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp tomato purée
- 1.5 cups rice
- 2.75 cups water
- 1 lemon, juiced
Optional[edit | edit source]
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Peel and chop the onion and pepper.
- Brown the ground beef in a pan and add the curry powder.
- Add the chopped onion and pepper to the pan, and fry this for one minute.
- Add the crumbled stock cube, tomato purée, mango chutney and paprika to the pan and stir.
- Add water into the pan till it covers the mixture.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 hour stirring every 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the rice to a boil in the 2.75 cups of water.
- If you would like the rice to be yellow, add a small amount of tumeric.
- Immediately cover and reduce heat to a minimum and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Add lemon juice to the rice.
- Fluff with a spoon or fork.
- Put the rice on a plate with the curry on top. You may wish to mold the rice for a nicer presentation.