Cookbook:Beef Carpaccio II
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Beef Carpaccio II
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 center cut beef tenderloin roast
- Black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil for serving
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Shaved Parmiggiano-Reggiano cheese
- Basil chiffonade for serving
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Cover the meat tightly with plastic wrap, then freeze for up to two hours to help with slicing. Don't freeze for any longer, or else it'll be mushy.
- Slice the meat thinly and remove plastic wrap.
- Place five slices in a rough circle and put one in the center. Lift to a lightly water-spritzed sheet of plastic wrap. Spritz another sheet with water and place on top. Place a pie pan on top and lightly pound with a food can.
- Remove and sprinkle with kosher salt and black pepper. Serve with extra-virgin olive oil, lemon wedges, shaved Parmiggiano-Reggiano cheese, and basil chiffonade.