Cookbook:Bean Soup (Vegetarian)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Bean Soup (Vegetarian)|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 cans (28 ounces) fat-free vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 bag (1 pound) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (14½ ounces) no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- ⅓ cup broken angel-hair pasta, in 1- to 2-inch lengths
- 1 can (15 ounces) no-salt-added kidney beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) no-salt-added black beans
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Pour broth and water into a 4½-quart Dutch oven or soup pot.
- Place pot over high heat.
- While liquid is heating, add frozen vegetables, stewed tomatoes with their juices and uncooked pasta.
- Cover pot and bring to boil.
- Meanwhile, rinse and drain beans.
- When soup comes to a boil, uncover it and stir well. Scrape the pot with a wooden spoon to loosen any pasta.
- Add beans, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Reduce heat to medium-high or medium, maintaining a moderate boil.
- Stir frequently and cook until pasta is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add Parmesan.
- Stir occasionally and simmer for 5 minutes to develop the flavor.
- Serve at once or simmer on low until ready to serve.