Cookbook:Banana Chocolate Bread Pudding
|Banana Chocolate Bread Pudding|
|Time||1 ½ hours|
Bread Pudding is a British Dessert. This version has banana and chocolate.
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons spiced rum
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 16 oz loaf of French bread or other non-sour white bread (stale bread is traditionally used)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 bananas
- In a cup or other small container, add 2 tablespoons of rum to the chocolate chips and soak them until they are needed in step 9
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, whipping cream, vanilla extract, ¼ cup rum and 3 tablespoons sugar.
- Slice the bread, trim off the crusts and cut it into strips. divide the bread strips into three parts.
- Butter a loaf pan
- Peel the bananas, cut them in half crosswise and then lengthwise
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and add the banana pieces with 2 tablespoons of sugar. cook 2 minutes, then flip the bananas over and cook the other side for 2 minutes.
- Cover the bottom of the loaf pan with bread strips (use 1/3 of the bread strips for this)
- Spread half of the banana pieces on top of the layer of bread strips
- Spread half of the chocolate chips on top of the bananas
- Add another layer of bread strips
- Pour half of the egg mix into the loaf pan and let it soak in for a minute.
- Add the rest of the bananas, then the rest of the chocolate chips, then the rest of the bread strips. pour the rest of the egg mixture on top
- Let the loaf pan sit for about 15 minutes while preheating the oven to 350°F
- Bake for 50 minutes. let cool for 10-15 minutes
Serve with Rum Sauce, whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.