Cookbook:Banana Chocolate Bread Pudding
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Banana Chocolate Bread Pudding|
|Time||1 ½ hours|
Bread pudding is a British Dessert. This version has banana and chocolate.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ¼ cup (20 g / 0.71 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup (80 ml / 2.7 oz) spiced rum
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (450 ml / 15 oz) whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup (75 g / 2.6 oz) sugar
- 1 loaf (16 oz / 450 g) French bread or other non-sour white bread (stale bread is traditionally used)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 bananas
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- In a cup or other small container, add 2 tablespoons of rum to the chocolate chips and soak them until they are needed later.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, whipping cream, vanilla extract, rest of rum, and 3 tablespoons sugar.
- Slice the bread, trim off the crusts and cut it into strips. Divide the bread strips into three parts.
- Butter a loaf pan.
- Peel the bananas, cut them in half crosswise and then lengthwise.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and add the banana pieces with rest of sugar. cook 2 minutes, then flip the bananas over and cook the other side for 2 minutes.
- Cover the bottom of the loaf pan with bread strips (use ⅓ of the bread strips for this).
- Spread half of the banana pieces on top of the layer of bread strips.
- Spread half of the chocolate chips on top of the bananas.
- Add another layer of bread strips.
- Pour half of the egg mix into the loaf pan and let it soak in for a minute.
- Add the rest of the bananas, then the rest of the chocolate chips, then the rest of the bread strips. pour the rest of the egg mixture on top.
- Let the loaf pan sit for about 15 minutes while preheating the oven to 350 °F (177 °C).
- Bake for 50 minutes. let cool for 10–15 minutes.
- Serve with rum sauce, whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.