Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Yield||1 cup of 1 tablespoon servings|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled ginger
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine ingredients in a blender and blend until just pureed.
- Transfer to a nonstick saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then immediately reduce heat to moderate.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until sauce is slightly syrupy.
- Check taste and if glaze seems too acidic, stir in slightly more honey.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Drizzle over hot, cooked vegetables and serve immediately, or to store, covered, in refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Reheat and chill glaze before using.