Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1½ cups cornbread, crumbled finely
- ½ cup dried apples
- ½ cup apple jelly
- ¼ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 4 egg whites, beaten to stiff peaks with ⅛ tsp cream of tartar
- ¼ cup shredded Fontina cheese
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine all ingredients except cheese and egg whites. Gently fold in whipped egg whites, in a few batches.
- Pour into a roasting pan. Top with shredded cheese and bake at 325°F for 30 minutes, or until browned and bubbly on top.
- Remove and let rest for 7 minutes. Serve warm or use for Apple Stuffed Pork Chops.