From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
This works great as a stuffing for pork chops, pork roasts, or just serving as a side with roast turkey.
- 1 1/2 cups cornbread, crumbled finely
- 1/2 cup dried apples
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 4 egg whites, beaten to stiff peaks with 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup shredded Fontina cheese
- Combine all ingredients except cheese and egg whites. Gently fold in egg whites, in batches.
- Pour into a roasting pan. Top with shredded cheese and bake at 325° for 1/2 hour or until browned and bubbly on top.
- Remove and let rest for 7 minutes. Serve warm or use for Apple Stuffed Pork Chops.