(Redirected from Cookbook:Agua de horchata)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 lb uncooked rice
- 1 lb almonds, blanched
- 5 ea. cinnamon sticks
- 12 cups hot water
- 20 cups cold water
- 15 slivers lime peel, 2 inches in length
- 5 cups sugar
Procedure[edit | edit source]
Soaking[edit | edit source]
- Thoroughly pulverize the rice in a blender.
- Transfer to a medium size bowl and add the almonds, cinnamon stick and lime peel.
- Stir in 12 cups of hot water.
- Cover and let stand at least 6 hours or overnight.
Blending[edit | edit source]
- Place the mixture in the blender and blend for 3 to 4 minutes, until it no longer feels gritty.
- Add 10 cups cold water and blend until combined.
- Strain a little at a time using a chinois or strainer lined with cheesecloth.
Finishing[edit | edit source]
- Add 10 cups of cold water and stir in enough sugar to sweeten the drink to taste.
- If the consistency is too thick, add additional water.
- Cover and refrigerate. Stir before pouring.