Jump to navigation Jump to search
Books on this shelf deal with algebra: the study of structures and relationships that arise between numbers and the operations on them. In addition to working directly with numbers, algebra also studies symbols, variables, or generally elements on a set in relation to operations such as addition and multiplication. Addition and multiplication and the other operations on numbers are sometimes viewed as more general operations, and their precise definitions lead to structures such as groups, rings, and fields.
The following 20 related categories may be of interest, out of 20 total.
- ► Book:Group Theory (16 pages)
- ► Book:Homological Algebra (4 pages)
- ► Book:Intermediate Algebra (13 pages)
- ► Book:Operator Algebrae (2 pages)
- ► Book:Ring Theory (8 pages)
- ► Book:Sheaf Theory (4 pages)
- ► Book:Topics in Abstract Algebra (1 cat, 6 pages)
- ► Book:Vectors (4 pages)
Pages in category "Shelf:Algebra"
|More recent additions||More recent modifications|
The following 21 pages are in this category, out of 21 total.