Branding a University Media Department
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- This Wikibook has been established to develop a branding process for a small private university's media department . An on-line community will brainstorm and develop ideas related to this process.
- It's necessary to agree on a definition for branding and that branding is not optional.
- Are there unique branding requirements for a small private university’s media program?
- This discussion is for faculty, students, alumni, administrators, professional advisors and everyone involved with the media department's curriculum.
Chapters For Initial Discussions
- A Definition for Branding
- Unique issues related to the branding of a university media department
- Who should be involved in the branding of a small private university media department?
- A General Structure and sequence for development of a brand (JH)
- What are the immediate priorities to begin a branding process?
- Premises for discussion and consideration
- What are the immediate obstacle to a media department's branding process?
- The structure of 15-week semester should be evaluated
- Is graduation in three years feasible?
- Universities must refine their niche
- Can Gen. Eds. be taken online during a "professional semester?"
- Is it in-advisable to design a curriculum around faculty?
- Making room for new media in the curriculum
- Who are our competitors?