Annotations of The Complete Peanuts/1999 to 2000
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Annotations to The Complete Peanuts: 1999 to 2000 by Charles M. Schulz (Fantagraphics Books, 2016. ISBN 1782115226
- p. 32 (March 14, 1999). Rerun's brother Linus used to pat birds on the head, too, and obtained from Lucy the same reaction. See strips of May 22 to June 3rd, 1967.
- p. 128 (October 24, 1999). Schulz was asked repeatedly if Charlie Brown would ever kick the football, and he never answered the question. This brilliant final football-kicking episode is perhaps Schulz's most moving farewell message to his readers.
- p. 289 (October 10, 1948). The boy is looking into a box camera, which were among the first and most popular home cameras on the market, in North America.
- p. 272 (May 29, 1949). "Here comes good old Charlie Brown! How I hate him!!" This, of course, is a preamble to Peanuts. Compare it with the very first Peanuts strip, published October 2, 1950.
- ↑ Schulz, Charles M. (2004). The Complete Peanuts. Seattle: Fantagraphics Books. p. 1. ISBN 156097589X.