Abnormal Sexual Psychology
Abnormal Sexual Psychology (or ASP) is a college-level text that is intended to cover the specialized study of DSM-IV recognized paraphilia. This book is written for both a person who is familiar with psychology and who has some knowledge of the clinical disorders in question. if you are unfamiliar with paraphilia, the book serves as a primer and explanation.
Specifically, the book covers:
This book may contain graphic descriptions of acts that some readers will find morally objectionable. A further discussion can be found on the Warning page.
- What is paraphila?
- Types of paraphilia
- Paraphilia and Fetishism
- Paraphilia and Health
- Paraphilia and society
- Other Definitions
Paraphilia and Mental Health
- Overview of Mental Health Issues
- Behavioral Imprinting and conditioning
- Self-Image and Paraphilia
- Relationships and Paraphilia
Related Mental Disorders and Psychological Effects
- Normal, Optional, and Exclusive Paraphilia
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders and Paraphilia
- Algolagnia and Sadism: Case Study in Sex Addiction
- Paraphilia and Sex Crimes