Wikibooks:Reading room/Administrative Assistance
|General | Proposals | Projects | Featured books||General | Technical | Administrative||Deletion | Undeletion | Import | Permissions | Renaming|
|To request a rename or usurpation, go to the renaming requests page to file a request.
Please do not post those requests here!
Welcome to the Administrative Assistance reading room. You can request assistance from administrators for handling a variety of problems here and alert them about problems which may require special actions not normally used during regular content editing. Please be patient as administrators are often quite busy with either their own projects or trying to perform general maintenance and cleanup.
You can deal with most vandalism yourself: fix it, then warn the user. If there is repeated vandalism by one user, lots of vandalism on a single page, or vandalism from many users, tell an admin here, or in #wikibooks (say
!admin to get attention).
For more general questions and assistance that doesn't require an administrator, please use the Assistance Reading Room.
dangerous pages, suggest user get help
Leucosctite made resources on suicide. I was looking at global contributions and was surprised to see this still continuing. Can someone look at it and suggest the user get help. These edits are still current. -sidelight12
- Sidelight12, thanks for raising this concern; it is important that when someone needs help, we try to help them get it.
- In this case, evidence suggests Leucosticte's immediate concern is one of content. (I certainly hope that's the case. It occurs to me that our book Suicide probably ought to provide a link to w:WP:EMERGENCY.) The new content has been discussed at Talk:Suicide#Suicide methods, which refers in turn to an earlier discussion at Wikiversity and a history of material moving between now-defunct non-wikimedia projects.
- Regarding the content itself, if you're thinking about challenging its appropriateness, you should probably also read as background the two previous, unsuccessful nominations of the book for deletion, which are linked at the top of Talk:Suicide. --Pi zero (discuss • contribs) 13:01, 19 October 2014 (UTC)
Per Cookbook:Policy please rename the following:
- Cookbook:Coconut milk to cookbook:Coconut Milk
- Cookbook:Chocolate balls to Cookbook:Chocolate Balls
- Cookbook:Cayenne pepper to Cookbook:Cayenne Pepper
- Cookbook:Granulated sugar to Cookbook:Granulated Sugar
- Cookbook:Espagnole sauce to Cookbook:Espagnole Sauce
- Also (saved it too early):
- Cookbook:Oven temperatures
- Cookbook:Rhubarb crumble
- Cookbook:Sweet rice
- Cookbook:Swedish meatballs
- Cookbook:Whipped cream
- Don't be sorry, help in dealing with this kind of editor is always appreciated - QuiteUnusual (discuss • contribs) 10:04, 4 November 2014 (UTC)
I have found that User:D contains vandalism, reading "FNORD!"
- It looks as if that page was actually created by User:D when not logged in. Their user page on some other sisters has the same content and was created while logged in. The user page here was created in 2004, and User:D did some editing here in 2007 and 2008 so had the opportunity to object but did not object. --Pi zero (discuss • contribs) 01:41, 16 November 2014 (UTC)
I have been trying to sort out this new book over the page few days including moving pages created in the wrong place, fixing typos and formatting and adding categories. Most pages contain lots of typos but then I noticed that the few pages without typos seem to have been copy and pasted from other sites. I have tagged the pages I've found so far and I have left notices on the editors' talk pages and the talk page for the main page of the book. I think we should keep an eye on edits to this book...--ЗAНИA talk 12:30, 23 November 2014 (UTC)