Cookbook:Barbecued Spare Ribs
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Barbecued Spare Ribs|
cooking: 60 minutes
Barbecued Spare Ribs are a classic American barbecue meal, made from pork. This version is cooked in the oven, not on a barbecue, and uses a barbecue sauce with a distinct Asian flavor, featuring soy sauce, rice vinegar, and garlic.
- 2 pounds pork spare ribs
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons pork stock
- freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- Place spare ribs in a large baking dish in one layer. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over spare ribs and coat on both sides. Marinate overnight, basting occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F. Place a large, shallow roasting pan on the oven bottom. Fill with 1/2 inch water. Place spare ribs on a roasting rack.
- Roast ribs for 45 minutes.
- Raise oven temperature to 450 °F, and roast for 15 more minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.