This book is designed to allow anyone who speaks English to learn Zulu for free. Zulu is one of the most spoken languages in South Africa. More than 20 million people are able to speak Zulu in South Africa. The current book allows someone to go from an absolute beginner to the so-called breakthrough stage - this is encompassed in the first six lessons - and beyond. The book currently provides pronunciation information in Appendix B. It is recommended that students should read it over to gain a better understanding of the pronunciation.
- isiFundo sokuqala: Ingxoxo esilula ~ Basic conversation and introductions.
- isiFundo sesibili: Ngiyasebenza futhi ngingudokotela ~ Saying what you do, Where you're from or live.
- isiFundo sesithathu: Uneminyaka emingaki ~ Saying how long you've been working and your age.
- isiFundo sesine: Uyazi iGoli? ~ Talking about people and places that you know.
- isiFundo sesihlanu: Nginabantwana ~ The possessions and family that you have.
- isiFundo sesithupha: Ngithanda ukudlala ibhola ~ Expressing likes and dislikes.
- Exercise for Lesson 1 :
- Exercise for Lesson 2 :
- Exercise for Lesson 3 :
- Exercise for Lesson 4:
- Exercise for Lesson 5:
- Exercise for Lesson 6: