Wikijunior:Big Book of Fun Science Experiments
Hello and Welcome to the Big Book of fun Science Experiments!
This book is about science experiments that you can do in the home and experiments that you can nag your teacher to do in school. These experiments are easy to do and help in understanding various things about science.
Yucky gooey slime! Isn't it just great?! We love it!
- Red cabbage indicator
- Red cabbage indicators are great for showing if something is an acid or base. It's that exciting!
Want to be able to see the sun and solar eclipses clearly without hurting your eyes? Then this is for you!
Make those raisins dance. And the best bit is - after you finish your experiment, you can eat the raisins!
- Acid Investigations - It is ACID! Isn't it cool?
- Baking Powder and Lemon Squash - A chemical reaction that you can drink; and you don't get chemical burns!
- How A Bath Fizzer Works, and How To Make One - Learn how that fizzer works, and make one with stuff you can get from your kitchen or a craft store. Children may enjoy making the salts in this chemistry experiment.
- Chromatography of inks
- Electricity from Lemons - Yep, those juices you put in your highly conductive drinking water have the potential to store electricity! Amazing!
- Fun with Baking Powder and Vinegar - Bombs and fire extinguishers on the same page? You can do both with these two.
- Explosive foam - Use magnesium and HCl to get really explosive soap bubbles
- Grow Your Own Crystals - Just what every kid needs: Your own crystals!
- Power a boat with soap - The best part is: it is a boat powered with ordinary soap!
- Grow Your Own Fungi - Don't have a garden? Never mind, you can create your own miniature one on a slice of bread.
- Guide a Termite - Make them obey your every command!
- Keep your mouse warm - Ever had those days where you get to your mouse and you find the worst thing ever; that your mouse is — A LITTLE CHILLY? Well avoid such day wreckers in the future with this fun experiment.
- Make a colorful flower - How to dye a white carnation flower pretty colors.
- Build your own periscope - WOW! It now takes even LESS energy to look around corners. What an age we live in!
- How to make a Needle float, and How to make it sink - Learn that a steel needle can float in fresh water, but cannot in soapy water.
- Make a floating compass - Who needs a store-bought compass when you can make your own?
- Make a spinning paper helicopter - You can make a helicopter out of paper! Does one need any other reason to do this experiment?
- Make a switch - Make a device to turn lights on and off.
- Making rainbows in liquids - Have the time and skill to remain still in order to see pretty colors in liquids? Then this is most certainly for you!
- Test floating - Always make sure things float BEFORE you use them as a life preserver!
- The fantastic squirting egg - Want to annoy other people by squirting them with eggs and not even put enough energy into it to crack an egg? Then this is for you!
- Oobleck - Make a substance that is both a liquid and a solid.
- How to Make an Electromagnet - Make a real electromagnet from stuff you probably have lying around the house!
- Write secret messages - Do you fancy being a spy when you grow up?