Wikijunior:Big Book of Fun Science Experiments/Simple switch
Jump to navigation Jump to search
To make a simple switch you will need:
- a battery
- a bulb in a bulb holder
- a small block of wood
- 2 brass pins
- a paperclip
- 3 wires with "alligator" clips.
Build Your Switch[edit | edit source]
- Measure your paperclip, then subtract 1⁄4 inches (0.64 cm) from its length.
- Shove the pins in the wood that far apart, making sure one of the pins goes through the paperclip.
Wire Up![edit | edit source]
- Run a wire from one terminal of the battery to one pin on the switch.
- Run another wire from the other pin to the bulb.
- Run the third wire from the other terminal of the bulb to the second terminal of the battery.