Wikibooks:Reading room/Administrative Assistance
|General | Proposals | Projects | Featured books||General | Technical | Administrative||Deletion | Undeletion | Import | Permissions|
|To request a rename or usurpation, go to the global request page at Meta here.
Please do not post those requests here!
Welcome to the Administrative Assistance reading room. You can request assistance from administrators for handling a variety of problems here and alert them about problems which may require special actions not normally used during regular content editing. Please be patient as administrators are often quite busy with either their own projects or trying to perform general maintenance and cleanup.
You can deal with most vandalism yourself: fix it, then warn the user. If there is repeated vandalism by one user, lots of vandalism on a single page, or vandalism from many users, tell an admin here, or in #wikibooks (say
!admin to get attention).
For more general questions and assistance that doesn't require an administrator, please use the Assistance Reading Room.
- After knowing that "news" is inappropriate for language learning material, I will never add "news" again.--Efex3 (discuss • contribs) 07:13, 4 March 2018 (UTC)
- My continuing concern (not to confuse the issue as clumsily as I did on the user's page, just now) is that they were warned a year and a half ago about the inappropriateness of dumping news and dictionary material here, yet they only stopped the news at the end of January 2018 and the dictionary material continues. --Pi zero (discuss • contribs) 12:55, 4 March 2018 (UTC)
- I have been told that some pages are copyright violated, then I stopped adding copyright violated pages. Recently I have known that "news" is not suitable for language learning material, so I also stopped adding "news". Anyway, I won't add any "news" again.
- About "dictionary entries", could you let me know what "dictionary entries" I have added recently?--Efex3 (discuss • contribs) 14:54, 4 March 2018 (UTC)
- I'm on my way to being reassured about this material, which has bothered me for a long time. There are things I have never fully understood about what is actually done at Wikiversity, though I'm aware one important difference between here and there is that they allow original research (which doesn't seem applicable, since we're talking about a phrase book). --Pi zero (discuss • contribs) 12:27, 6 March 2018 (UTC)
- Done. --Pi zero (discuss • contribs) 04:03, 19 April 2018 (UTC)
- For your info the Artix Kreiger account has been globally locked and is also locally blocked on more than one project for sockpuppetry QuiteUnusual (discuss • contribs) 12:06, 19 April 2018 (UTC)
Hi Artix here
If you have noticed, I've been globally locked. It was a good run though. I was falsely accused of sockpuppetry that is being unblocked. An appeal is in t he works for an unblock. Unfortunately, the sock block quickly spiralled out of control as other users decided to hunt across wiki and block me on several other wikis. Thus it was proper for a lock by a steward, as it was not worth continuing as a user with this username.
Much thanks to several users who made my time on wikibooks awesome. Shoutout to Atcovi, Pi zero, and QuiteUnusual for being friendly people and helpful to my enrichment. It was awesome editing the articles for the Guide to the Lord of the Rings and the Inheritance Cycle. Some day perhaps, I will come back and finish those books. Cheers. It was a pleasure.