Wikibooks:Requests for permissions
|General | Proposals | Projects | Featured books||General | Technical | Administrative||Deletion | Undeletion | Import | Permissions|
|Requests for Permissions Archives|
All rights available on Wikibooks are handled here, including autoreview, reviewer, importer, uploader, administrator (and interface administrator), bureaucrat, CheckUser, pseudo-bot, and bot flags. A nomination must demonstrate how the project will benefit from granting the rights.
- To nominate a user (including yourself), add their username to the appropriate section below. Please explain why you feel the nominated user would be a good choice. All registered Wikibookians may comment, and provide arguments in support or opposition. For the bot flag, technical information about the bot may be requested. See the specific requirements for each type of access on their respective pages.
- Consensus does not need to be demonstrated —though discussion is welcome— in granting autoreview, reviewer, importer, and uploader flags. Administrators may use their best judgement in granting those. Interface admin was historically part of the administrator tool set and is granted on request to administrators. All other tools require community consensus and can only be granted by bureaucrats. Access to CheckUser is governed by CheckUser policy. After about one week, if there is consensus to grant access, then a bureaucrat will make it so and record the fact here. If not, a bureaucrat may refuse to grant the rights and the request will remain until a consensus is reached.
- 1 Removal of permissions
- 2 Requests for permissions
- 2.1 Ayutac (discuss · contribs · count · logs · block log · rfp · rights [change]) (Autoreviewer)
- 2.2 Texvc2LaTeXBot (discuss · contribs · count · logs · block log · rfp · rights [change]) (bot flag)
- 2.3 大诺史 (discuss · contribs · count · logs · block log · rfp · rights [change]) (Autoreview/Autopatrolled)
- 2.4 DannyS712 (discuss · contribs · count · logs · block log · rfp · rights [change]) (Reviewer)
- 2.5 WolfgangFahl (discuss · contribs · count · logs · block log · rfp · rights [change]) (Reviewer)
- 2.6 Debanshu.Das (discuss · contribs · count · logs · block log · rfp · rights [change]) (Autoreviewer)
- 2.7 Guywan (discuss · contribs · count · logs · block log · rfp · rights [change]) (Autoreviewed / Reviewer)
Removal of permissions
|Note: You may request removal of your own rights at meta:Steward requests/Permissions. Requests to remove others' rights should be placed here, whether due to inactivity, or abuse. Proposals for the removal of advanced permissions (included admin and bureaucrat rights) are governed by the WB:ADMIN policy. A minimum discussion of one month is required to remove an admin or bureaucrat for inactivity.|
Requests for permissions
| Note: When adding nominations, please use the format
Texvc2LaTeXBot (bot flag)
I'd like to request Autoreviewed and Reviewer rights. Autoreviewed for obvious reasons, and Reviewer so that I may review pending changes to books that I am interested in. (Chess, Chess Opening Theory, Chess Strategy, and, if ever a regain the courage to deal with it, Japanese.) I realise I have made no edits to Chess or Chess Strategy, but all in good time!
I have zero experience with reviewing, but I do believe I have good common sense. I do not intend, at this time, to leave these areas (although I will not rule out a foray into computer science and programming, at some stage) and assist with the backlog. Sorry!
If no promotion will be forthcoming, could I ask that someone go through my contribs and approve pending changes?