Wikibooks:Policies and guidelines/Vote/Deletion Policy
Please review the current version of the policy as proposed:
The current deletion policy is mainly a collection of best practices by administrators on this project. As such, this has become a defacto policy, but it still hasn't recieved a formal vote by the community to become enforced policy. Because this does deal with the actual content of Wikibooks, and enforcement of practices by users (especially administrators) it is important that some sort of formal policy be adopted.
The current policy has been listed on Wikibooks for over two years, which should have generated most of comments about modifications to it for those who are interested. Still, experience shows that once a major move (like becoming an enforced policy) occurs there are many people who feel left out from the decision making process.
Feel free to also propose specific ammendments to this policy that might be beneficial to the community. This page, however, is not a substitute for Wikibooks talk:Deletion policy, where general discussion about this policy should still take place.
There are several key points to review with this policy:
- Speedy Deletion Criteria
- Some users are confused that administrators can remove content without even holding a vote for deletion. The justifications for removing content immediately are narrow and have proven useful to avoid clutter on the VfD page. This policy explicitly covers what that criteria would be.
- Copyright Violation Enforcement
- This is the "official" policy for Wikibooks regarding copyright violation enforcement.
- Administrator Ettiquette for Deletion
- Goes over the dos and don'ts of administrator actions regarding the deletion of content. These are mainly guidelines to administrator behavior, but can be useful to point at when having a serious dispute with administrators or going before stewards and an arbitration board.
It is important to note that by making this enforced, it is not the final edit for this content. It can be ammended and changed in the future, through community concensus.
- Only registered users with at least 20 edits can vote.
- Vote ends at April, 15th 00:01 GMT
- Add votes in the format #~~~~
- Brian Brondel 16:13, 3 March 2006 (UTC)
- Derbeth talk 19:53, 3 March 2006 (UTC) quite clear for me
- Matt 21:05, 3 March 2006 (UTC)
- Rob Horning 23:49, 3 March 2006 (UTC)
- Kernigh 04:06, 4 March 2006 (UTC)
- JMRyan 19:40, 9 March 2006 (UTC)
- Renmiri 02:13, 10 March 2006 (UTC)
- RobinH 16:58, 11 April 2006 (UTC)
- Kellen T 12:07, 30 April 2006 (UTC)
- Gentgeen 08:45, 3 May 2006 (UTC)