- Science: Life science, chemistry, medicine, physical science, environmental, social sciences, computer science
- Engineering: Civil, mechanical, electrical, electronic and chemical engineerings
- Computing: Software guides, operating system guides, computer games
- Information Technology: Programming languages, certification
- Humanities: History, sociology
- Arts: Visual, dance, music
- Games: Board games, card games, computer and video games, tabletop role-playing
- Study guides: Annotated texts and guides for tests
Why open textbooks? - Requested Wikibooks - Textbook standards
To ask questions of the community or start discussion, visit the Reading room. (This is the equivalent to Wikipedia's Village Pump.)
Wikibooks is a Wikimedia project set up July 10, 2003. Since then, volunteers have written around 57,698 book modules in a multitude of books.
Play around in the sandbox, a place where you can do anything and get a feel for how a wiki works. The central place to ask questions is the reading room. See also the mailing list or planning pages.
How to edit.
Want to edit Wikibooks? Click here to learn how How to contribute