From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
(Redirected from Potato Pudding)
|Time||15 minutes plus 1 hour cooking|
A recipe from Cornwall, England.
- 1 lb cooked potatoes.
- 6 eggs.
- 4 oz butter.
- 1/2 pint cream.
- 6 oz sugar.
- 1 oz currants.
- Zest of 1 lemon.
- 1/2 a nutmeg, grated.
- Teaspoon brandy, or more to taste.
- Melt butter in cream, sieve or Mouli-mill potatoes.
- Beat eggs lightly, mix all together.
- Either bake in a pastry-lined dish until golden-brown (moderately hot oven) on top, or steam in a mould for about an hour.
- dated 1824
- from St. Just W.I. in Cornish Recipes, Ancient & Modern, 22nd Edition, The Cornwall Federation of Women's Institutes 1965.
- First collected & published by Edith Martin, Tregavethan, Truro, 1929, for The Cornwall F.of W. I.