Methods and Concepts in the Life Sciences
This wikibook aims to give an overview of important methods in the life sciences and the underlying principles. Besides providing theoretical knowledge, it is also meant to include practical advice. The topics are currently based on lectures at Bielefeld University. We would be glad if other content was incorporated in the future.
To create this book, some content was adopted from Wikipedia, so credit goes to the authors listed in the corresponding articles as well. We believe that an exchange between Wikibooks and Wikipedia can benefit both projects.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Kristian Müller (Kristian.Mueller@uni-bielefeld.de) or Tobias Vornholt (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Basics of Lab Work
- Structure and Function of Nucleic Acids
- Isolation of Nucleic Acids
- Nucleic Acid Quantitation
- Enzymes for DNA Manipulation
- Cloning Methods
- Agarose Gel Electrophoresis
- DNA Sequencing
- Genome Engineering
- Structure and Function of Proteins
- Electrophoresis of Proteins
- Protein Structure Determination
- Protein Tags
- Phage Display