From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
This section deals with downloading, installing and configuring the required programs correctly.
- MeGUI. For guide on installing MeGUI, read the instructions here.
- Any DirectShow filter (or "Codec Pack") that can decode the source file format. There are a few free codec packs:
- The K-Lite Codec Pack is a complete solution of decoding the majority of files. It contains some more video and audio processing features comparing to the CCCP. Please visit  for more information.
- The CCCP is a codec pack that installs a minimal set of filters that decode the vast majority of files (see  for more info).
- DVD Decrypter: DVD Decrypter is the program used to rip the raw DVD data off your DVD. The last available version is 126.96.36.199 and decrypts the vast majority of available DVDs. Download here.
- MeGUI: MeGUI requires no additional setup after you have fully updated it. By default, it will prompt you to update whenever there is one.
- DVD Decrypter: Once installed, set the program mode to IFO mode (mode->IFO) and open up the settings (tools menu). Under the "IFO Mode" tab, set splitting to none and check the box to create OGG format chapters as well as Stream information.
Once you've done this, proceed to the next section: ripping the DVD.