MeGUI is a video conversion application for Windows, which was primarily designed to be a DVD ripper, but is capable of many transcoding tasks. It is essentially a frontend for many free tools, but also includes a number of utilities to enhance the conversion process. MeGUI is a free program which has many ties with doom9.org.
- Configuration - how to setup MeGUI. (Outdated)
- Glossary - to retrieve all MeGUI keywords.
- MeGUI Basic Guide to ripping a DVD - to learn the basics of this program. (Slightly outdated)
- MeGUI iPod Conversion Guide - for encoding iPod compatible files.
- HDTV Transcoding Guide - a more advanced conversion walkthrough for digital TV caps. (Slightly outdated)
- Berrinam's guide is an introduction to automated encoding with MeGUI, with both AutoEncode and One Click Encoder modes. (Very outdated!)
- Calculating bitrate
- The documentation for the tools in the menu "Tools" are available at Tools.
- The documentation for the main window is available at Main Window. (Silghtly outdated)
- Computer movie files - anatomy of a video file on your computer.
- FFDShow reference - detailed information on various FFDShow settings and configuration.
- x264 Settings - a comprehensive guide to options in x264.
There is now a page of links to video encoding related topics.