| A reader requests expansion of this book to include more material.
You can help by adding new material (learn how) or ask for assistance in the reading room.
This book teaches how to procure safe drinking water. Topics covered are rainwater harvesting, desalination, groundwater use and water disinfection. This is useful for regions where safe drinking water is difficult to come by, for disaster relief or for water conservancy. The purpose of this book is to reduce misfortunes associated with water problems throughout the world: including reduction of disease spread from unsanitary water, personal dehydration, and water shortage problems.
Contents[edit | edit source]
- Rain barrel: DIY
- Distillation: Solar still
- Atmosphere water collection
- Displacement: hand water pump, bailer water bucket, electric pump
- Water: stress, crisis, security, scarcity
Only pages that are largely incomplete are marked. Pages that are 75% percent or more complete are not marked.
Related wikibooks[edit | edit source]
- Self-Reliance Handbook/Purifying Water
- Outdoor Survival/Water
- When It Hits the Fan/Water Purification
- Backpack Camping and Woodland Survival/Skills/Water Purification
- Hydroculture - A way to self sustainable food production