Jump to navigation Jump to search
Zuppa toscana is a soup available at the Olive Garden restaurant.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 lb spicy Italian sausage, crumbled
- ½ lb smoked bacon, chopped
- 1 qt water
- 2 cans (29 oz) chicken broth
- 2 large russet potatoes, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped kale or Swiss chard
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown the sausage, breaking into small pieces as you fry it. Drain and set aside.
- In skillet over medium-high heat, brown bacon. Drain and set aside.
- Place water, broth, potatoes, garlic, and onion into a pot. Simmer over high heat until potatoes are tender.
- Add sausage and bacon to the pot. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add kale/chard and cream to the pot. Seasons with salt and pepper; heat through.