Cookbook:Yam Pepper Soup
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Yam Pepper Soup|
Yam pepper soup is a soup recipe prepared with a combination of yam and pepper soup ingredients. It is slightly different from yam in chicken pepper soup (ji mmiri oku). This dish is popular among the people in eastern Nigeria.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- Assorted beef, cut into pieces
- Seasoning cube
- Yam tuber, peeled and sliced
- Cow heart
- Cow kidney
- Chilli pepper
- Scent leaves, sliced
- Ehu seeds, peeled and ground
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine the beef, onions, and seasoning cube in a pot. Cover with water, and bring to a boil. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the sliced yam, cow heart, shaki, and kidney. Season with salt, then continue cooking for another 15 minutes until the yam is tender—add water as necessary.
- Stir in the chili pepper, scent leaves, and ehu seeds. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.