Cookbook:Wisconsin Ackawi Cheese Triangles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Wisconsin Ackawi Cheese Triangles|
Ackawi Cheese Triangles make use of a specialty (ackawi) cheese.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry,
- thawed 2 cups (8 ounces) (about 225 g) in shredded Wisconsin Ackawi cheese
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped onion
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1/4 (1.25 ml) teaspoon ground red pepper
Makes 32 pieces.
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine cheese, parsley, onion, egg white and red pepper; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll 1 sheet pastry into a 12x12 inch (30 cm x 30 cm) square; cut into 16 3x3 inch (7.5 cm x 7.5 cm (in quarters, both directions)) squares.
- Place 1 tablespoon (15 ml) cheese mixture on each square; fold pastry over each filling, forming a triangle. Seal edges with tines of a fork; place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400°F (200°C) for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat process with second sheet of puff pastry.
- Serve warm.