Cookbook:Wine Braised Shortribs
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 3 pounds English-cut shortribs
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups red wine
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 ½ pounds red potatoes, quartered but left unpeeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup beef broth
- 2 tbsp finely-chopped fresh rosemary
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Heat a 6-quart Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add oil and heat for one more minute.
- Season shortribs with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add to Dutch oven and cook until deeply browned on all sides. Remove and keep warm.
- Add remaining oil and onion and sauté until lightly browned at the edges. Add potatoes, shortribs, and remaining ingredients except rosemary.
- Place in a cold oven then turn oven to 250°F and bake for 5 ½ hours.
- Remove and skim fat. Serve sprinkled with rosemary.