Cookbook:Vegetarian Soft Tacos
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Vegetarian Soft Tacos|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 tablespoons chilli powder
- 1½ tablespoons paprika
- 1 cup diced onions
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 dash red pepper
- 1 pound ground beef substitute (e.g. MorningStar Farms Grillers Recipe Crumbles)
- 1 cup water
- 8 flour tortillas
Suggested toppings[edit | edit source]
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Jack cheese (or cheddar)
- sour cream
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- In a frying pan brown onions on medium-low heat.
- Add garlic, chilli powder, paprika, salt, and red pepper. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add beef substitute and water. Cook for 10–15 minutes until most of the water is gone.
- Meanwhile chop and shred the toppings as needed. Put toppings in bowls on table.
- Start to warm refried beans in a small pot.
- Heat another frying pan on medium-low heat.
- Put vegetarian taco meat and refried beans in bowls and place on table.
- Put floured tortilla in pan and lightly brown both sides. As tortillas are ready allow guests to select their own toppings.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- The filling and refried beans keep well in the refrigerator.