Cookbook:Vegetarian Soft Tacos
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Vegetarian Soft Tacos|
- 2 tablespoons chilli powder
- 1.5 tablespoons paprika
- 1 cups diced onions
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 dash red pepper
- 1 pound ground beef substitute (I use MorningStar Farms Grillers Recipe Crumbles)
- 1 cup water
- 8 floured tortillas
Makes 8 vegetarian tortillas.
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Jack cheese (or cheddar)
- sour cream
- In a frying pan brown onions on medium-low heat.
- Add garlic, chilli powder, paprika, salt, and red pepper. Stir and cook for one minute.
- Add beef substitute and water. Cook for 10-15 minute until most of the water is gone.
- Meanwhile chop and shred topping. Put toppings in bowls on table.
- Start to warm refried beans in a small pot.
- Heat another frying pan on medium-low heat.
- Put vegetarian taco meat and refried beans in bowls and place on table.
- Put floured tortilla in pan and lightly brown both sides.
As tortillas are ready allow guests to select their own toppings.
The filling and refried beans keep well in the refrigerator.