Cookbook:Vegetable Spring Roll
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 250 gms. all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- A little salt
- Water to make batter
Filling[edit | edit source]
- 2- 3 grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped leeks or onion (optional)
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 100 g shredded cabbage
- 50 g chopped mushrooms
- 75 g sprouted beans
- 3 chopped green chilies
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp soya sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp white pepper
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Sift the flour and add salt, egg and water and make a smooth batter.
- Heat little oil in a flat non-stick pan and add enough batter so that it covers the base of the pan.
- Cook both sides of the pancake till golden. Repeat the same till whole batter is utilized.
- To make the filling heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a wok, add ginger ,garlic and mushrooms, stir fry for 10-15 seconds.
- Add leeks (if available) and stir fry for about 1 minute, then add carrots, cabbage and cook tossing the vegetables until they are crisp-tender.
- Add the bean sprouts, salt, pepper and soya sauce, cook stirring for 2 minutes. Set aside the filling to cool.
- To make the spring rolls place 2-3 tbsp. of the filling in the center of each pancake.
- Fold in the sides and form a tight roll, sealing the edge with a little flour and water paste.
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden.
- Serve the vegetarian spring roll hot.