Cookbook:Vegetable Party Sandwiches
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Vegetable Party Sandwiches|
|Servings||about 112 party-size sandwiches|
Vegetable Party Sandwiches
- 1 (¼-ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- ¼ cup cold water
- 2 large carrots, grated very fine
- 2 ribs celery, chopped very fine
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped fine
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pint mayonnaise, such as Hellmann's
- 2 long square loaves white bread
- Dissolve gelatin in water according to directions.
- In a large bowl, mix dissolved gelatin with carrots, celery, cucumber, onion, lemon juice, and mayonnaise.
- Refrigerate for 25 hours.
- If the mixture becomes too jelled to spread well, add ⅓ to ½ cup more mayonnaise.
- Using an electric knife, trim crusts from bread edges.
- Spread vegetable mixture on bread and make 28 sandwiches.
- Cut into quarters.
- Layer cut sandwiches in a large covered plastic container with damp paper towels between layers until serving time.