Cookbook:Vegan Green Bean Casserole
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp. red pepper crushed
- 1 pc. red onion sliced
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 ½ tsps. salt
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ cups mushroom chopped
- 1 ½ lbs. green beans
- 2 cups parsnips chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Pepper to taste
Preparation[edit | edit source]
- In a wide-bottomed saucepan, put ½ tablespoon of coconut oil and set to low heat. Put the onions and cook for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally to caramelize. If the onions look dry, splash a bit of water into the pan.
- While waiting for the onions to cook, puree the parsnip. Put them in a steamer for about 10 minutes. Set aside and let them cool.
- After that, prepare the green beans. Remove the ends of the beans and cut them by 2 inches. Steam them for 8 minutes. Set them aside in an 8”x8” baking dish.
- Once the onions have caramelized, set them aside. Cook the mushrooms in the same pan and sauté for one minute. And then, add garlic. Stir for 5 minutes.
- Add half of the garlic and mushroom mixture to the green beans.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put the other half of the garlic and mushroom mixture, as well as the steamed parsnips in a blender. Add the nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, and red pepper.
- Pour the blended mixture over the mushrooms and green beans. Stir to coat. Use the caramelized onions as toppings.
- Bake for another 30 minutes.