Cookbook:Tvorog (Russian Farmer Cheese)
(Redirected from Cookbook:Tvorog)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Tvorog is a Russian cheese.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 part buttermilk
- 2 parts milk
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Mix milk and buttermilk in a pot, cover with a lid.
- Let stand for 1-2 days, until the mixture thickens to a consistency of thin yogurt.
- Heat mixture, without letting it boil, until the whey separates from the curds.
- Pour out through cheese cloth.
- For a drier tvorog, hang it up for 1-12 hours.
Also see: Cookbook:Sirniki