Cookbook:Tuscan Mushroom Risotto
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Tuscan Mushroom Risotto|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- ~½ cup dry porcini mushrooms
- 1 cup white mushrooms, diced
- 1½ cups risotto rice
- ½ cup white wine
- 5 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup choice of Parmesan, Romano cheese, or Asiago cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Keep broth heated in a medium-size saucepan.
- On medium heat in a large pan combine butter, garlic or garlic oil, shallots, mushrooms, and rice.
- Heat for about 2 minutes, stirring well.
- Add white wine and let simmer on low for 2 minutes.
- With lid off, add chicken or vegetable broth, add cream, and let simmer on low until liquid is absorbed, approximately 25 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add cheese of choice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with parsley and grated choice.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- May substitute vegetable broth for chicken broth.
- Plump, medium grain rice that contains a lot of starch, like Arborio or Carnaroli, are traditionally best. Other rices that work well are Roma, Nano, Maratelli, and Vialone.