Cookbook:Tuna Noodle Casserole
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Tuna Noodle Casserole|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 cans (drained) or pouches (12 ounces each) tuna
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups hot, cooked medium egg noodles
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 cans (21 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1–2 teaspoons dried minced onion (onion)
- ¼–1 teaspoon Texas Pete or other hot sauce (optional)
- 3–4 ounces cheese, shredded or sliced to cover casserole
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Shred tuna and stir into 3-quart casserole with milk, noodles, peas, and soup. Add onions and hot sauce if desired.
- Bake until hot, about 25–30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and top with bread crumbs mixed with butter or with cheese.
- Bake another 5 minutes.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Replace half of mushroom soup with cream of celery.
- Try replacing breadcrumbs with crushed potato chips.