Cookbook:Tub Tim Krob
Tub Tim Krob (Thai: ทับทิมกรอบ) ) is one of the most famous Thai desserts, it is made of cubes of water chestnuts coated with red food coloring. This dessert is also known as “Red Rubies” because of its appearance looks similar to bright red rubies. It is usually eaten with coconut milk and ice cubes, which makes it very tasty and refreshing. It is a perfect Thai dessert to eat after a hot and spicy Thai meal.
 There are five main ingredients for this dessert.
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 5 drops red food coloring
- 1/2 cup of tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 can of water chestnuts
 There are several methods of making Tub Tim Krob, but the most basic version takes only five steps to make it.
- Peel and cut the water chestnuts into small cubes.
- Soak the water chestnut cubes in red food coloring until their color changes to red
- Mix the colored water chestnut cubes with tapioca flour until the skin of the cubes is covered with the flour.
- Boil them in hot water for several minutes or until the water chestnut cubes float to the top of the water.
- Mix the water chestnut cubes with coconut milk and serve with ice cubes in a bowl.
- "Red Rubies". http://www.thelittleteochew.com/2009/08/red-rubies-tub-tim-krob.html. Retrieved 2 September 2014.
- "Tub Tim Krob". Amazingthaifood. http://amazingthaifood.tourismthailand.org/thai-food/food-details/d5/. Retrieved 2 September 2014.
- "Tub Tim Krob Recipe". http://www.thaitable.com/thai/recipe/rubies-in-coconut-milk. Retrieved 2 September 2014.