From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- one apple, grated
- one onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 oz. (55g) butter
- 1 tsp. (5ml) curry powder
- black pepper
- boiled rice
- Fry apple and onion in the butter until blended.
- Mix curry powder in a little milk, and stir in.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Fry tomatoes in a separate pan.
- Cover them with the mixture, and serve within a wall of boiled rice.
Adapted from Grand Union Cookbook, compiled by Margaret Compton (Grand Union Tea Co., 1902).