Jump to navigation Jump to search
This recipe was adapted from Grand Union Cookbook, compiled by Margaret Compton (Grand Union Tea Co., 1902).
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 oz (55 g) butter
- 1 tsp (5 ml) curry powder
- Black pepper
- Boiled rice
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Fry apple and onion in the butter until blended.
- Mix curry powder in a little milk, and stir in.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Fry tomatoes in a separate pan.
- Cover them with the curry mixture, and serve within a wall of boiled rice.