Cookbook:Texas Brisket Sandwiches
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Texas Brisket Sandwiches|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 ea. (8 pounds) beef brisket, trimmed to ¼ inch of fat
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp black peppercorns, cracked
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup yellow mustard, divided
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup paprika
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 9 hamburger buns
- 3 tbsp molasses
- Large mesquite chunks
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine hot sauce, molasses, vinegar, and ¼ cup mustard. Pour into a spray bottle and set aside.
- Coat brisket with ½ cup of the mustard. Set aside.
- Combine seasonings and salt. Press mixture into both sides of brisket. Refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, heat up a smoker to 200°F with the mesquite chunks. Add brisket and cook 9 hours, spraying every 3 hours with vinegar mixture, and changing wood as needed to keep temperature at 200°F.
- Remove brisket from smoker and let rest ½ hour. Separate along the fat line and slice thinly across the grain.
- Finely chop slices and toss with remaining vinegar mixture. Place 1/9 into each bun and serve warm.