Cookbook:Tempura Baked Halibut with Cilantro Aioli
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Tempura Baked Halibut with Cilantro Aioli –
- Servings: 5.3
- Serving size: 3 ounces
- Yield: 16 ounces
- 1 pound Halibut fillet, portion into 2 two inch chunks.
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Ice water
- 1/4-cup low fat Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp. Lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Black pepper
- Whisk the egg in a medium bowl. Add very cold ice water.
- Add flour. Mix, but not too much.
- Spray the baking pan with nonstick canola cooking spray.
- Dip the fish in the batter and place on cooking pan.
- Bake the fish in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until slightly golden.
- In small bowl, whisk in mayonnaise, olive oil, garlic, cilantro, lemon juice and black pepper for aioli.
- Serve and enjoy
Notes, tips, and variations
Do not over mix tempura batter! It can be a little lumpy. Serve with reduced sodium soy sauce on the side. Add cayenne or crushed red pepper to aioli for more heat.