Cookbook:Tangy Lemon Mousse
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ½ cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp finely-grated lemon zest
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup pasteurized egg product, or 2 pasteurized egg yolks, beaten
- 1 pinch of salt
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy cream, whipped to soft peaks
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine all ingredients except for whipped cream.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes and serve.
Warnings[edit | edit source]
- You can use regular unpasteurized eggs, but they carry a risk of contracting a food-borne illness.