Cookbook:Sweet Rice II
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 1/2 c. rice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large scoop (1/8 tsp) saffron
- 1/2 c. sugar (or, if diabetic, Splenda equivalent)
- 1/2 c. raisin (or currants)
- 1/4 - 1/2 c. slivered almonds (toasted if you prefer)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
1. Wash rice and add enough water to cover rice with water equal to the depth of the rice.
2. Add salt, saffron, sugar & raisins.
3. Cook over high heat until water disappears and steam is rising from holes in the surface of the rice.
4. Reduce heat to warm. Add almonds.
5. Cover tightly and let stand for 20 minutes.