Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Brazilian Cuisine | Crab recipes | Seafood recipes
- 2 pounds (900 g) crabmeat, drained if using canned
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon palm oil
- 3/4 cup of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped green onions
- 4 tablespoons flour
- Bread crumbs
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- crab or scallop shells or small oven-proof dishes
- Heat olive oil and saute onions until soft.
- Stir in crabmeat for 3-5 minutes. Add tomatoes and simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, salt, pepper and palm oil, cooking for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add flour at small quantities, stirring continually. Bring the pan back to heat, cooking until get a cream. Stir in parsley and green onions. Remove from heat.
- Fill the shells or oven-proof dishes with this mixture, top with bread crumbs mixed with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly brown.