Cookbook:Stuffed Crabs (Casquinha de Siri)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Stuffed Crabs (Casquinha de Siri)|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 pounds (900 g) crabmeat, drained if using canned
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp palm oil
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped green onions
- 4 tbsp flour
- Bread crumbs
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Crab shells, scallop shells, or small oven-proof dishes
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Heat olive oil and sauté onions until soft.
- Stir in crabmeat for 3–5 minutes. Add tomatoes and simmer for 5–8 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, salt, pepper and palm oil, cooking for 3–5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add flour at small quantities, stirring continually. Bring the pan back to heat, cooking until you get a cream. Stir in parsley and green onions. Remove from heat.
- Fill the shells or oven-proof dishes with this mixture, top with bread crumbs mixed with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes or until lightly brown.