Cookbook:Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Strawberry Rhubarb Pie|
|Time||prep: 45 minutes (including crust)
baking: 1 hour
- 1 flaky pie crust
- 2 1/2 c rhubarb stalks (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 1/2 c sliced strawberries
- 1 1/4 c sugar
- 1/4 c cornstarch or tapioca pearls
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Prepare the flaky pie crust and refrigerate while preparing the filling.
- Clean the strawberries and remove the leaves.
- Cut the strawberries in halves (or quarters for larger berries)
- Clean and trim the rhubarb stalks.
- Cut the stalks into 1/2 inch to 1 inch sections.
- Add sugar, cornstarch or tapioca, and salt.
- Stir until rhubarb is evenly coated with dry ingredients.
Forming the pie
- Follow the instructions in the flaky pie crust recipe.