From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 2 (6-8 ounce) boneless strip steaks, cooked to your liking
- 4 slices white bread
- Unsalted melted butter
- 4 slices pepper jack or Monterrey Jack cheese
- Slice steaks thinly across the grain on the bias. Place a 1/4 of the strips onto each slice bread.
- Place a slice of cheese on top of that, then press 2 slices together and then repeat with the other. Brush the sides facing out with melted butter.
- Heat a 2-burner griddle over high heat. Add sandwiches and cook until golden brown on each side. Serve immediately.