Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Serving Size:||3½ inches square|
|Servings Per Recipe:||5|
|Amount per serving|
|Calories from fat||88 (31%)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||34 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup corn meal, white or yellow
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 cup minced scallions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, separated
- ⅓ cup grated cheese, mild or sharp to taste (if used, reduce salt)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Thickly coat 8 x 8 inch (20 cm x 20 cm) baking pan with cooking spray.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, then set aside.
- Heat milk in medium saucepan over medium heat until just barely bubbling at the edges.
- Reduce heat and whisk while slowly adding cornmeal.
- Whisk constantly over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Take off heat and stir in black pepper, red pepper flakes, salt, and scallions.
- Stir in egg yolks and cheese.
- Fold in whipped egg whites.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.